April 4, 2009

Hello I am new to the site hoping to have some questions answered from people with more experience than me...

I have a 79'' Ford F150 Ranger Single cab Short bed truck.

It has a 460 in it special ordered from the factory. This year I plan to rebuild it hoping to get more power out of it. Right now all that is done to it: 4 Barrel Edelbrock Performer carb, performer intake, K&N Air filter, L&L 3/4 length headers.

Now my plans are to bore it out...now I have read some crazy people have bored it clear out to 614 cubic inches....I want to go bigger, with out having to worry about the side walls being to thin *or* paying a fortune for custom forged pistons.

Also thinking about taking 20thousands off the crank shaft for a bigger stroke...

Contemplating a supercharger but when trying to price them out I am looking at around $4000 lol So I think I want to wait on that...

I also would like opinions on which heads to run, on summitracing.com I found a pair of cobra jet heads with excellent reviews. My mian concern is that I am still able to use the L&L headers I bought 2 years ago..if not thats fine though..

So please tell me all your suggestions and opinions and I will have pictures up soon!